Friday, December 02, 2011

MEP firm AE Arma-Elektropanc is closing in on the final work on the upcoming Rixos Palm Jumeirah Dubai in a fast-track job for the hotel chain, a fellow Turkish company.

The engineering firm will be able to handover the project next month after a six-month mandate to complete the full MEP package for the upcoming Dubai hotel, the latest from the Antalya-based Rixos Hotels. Main contractor is another Turkish company, Sembol Construction Company (SML), a sister company of Rixos.

“We’ve been working on the project for the last six months and will be able to finish next month,” Burak Kizilhan, business development manager for the Middle East and North Africa told CW this morning.

“This was a fast track project, and we have about 1,500 people working on site and about 50-60 engineers. The client wanted to be able to handover the hotel by the beginning of next year, so we’ve been able to help them do that.”

The hotel consists of 204 rooms and will cover only around 30% of the total developed area. The remaining 70% will consist of gardens and a beach promenade. It is the first for the hotel company in the region.

“Middle Eastern markets have always presented an invaluable investment opportunity for developing countries like Turkey and as a major hotel brand, we concentrate on key hotel and residence projects,” Fettah Tamince, chairman of Rixos Hotels, said earlier this year.

AE Arma-Elektropanc, which works through a joint venture with Bin Belaila locally, is one of the most international MEP companies of its kind, with a presence in many Middle Eastern markets as well as Cyprus, Ukraine and Russia among others.

Diamond stud

Read more

No comments: